Avro >> mail # user >> building the spec

+
Jeff Hodges 2010-06-01, 05:49
+
Scott Carey 2010-06-01, 06:17
+
Bruce Mitchener 2010-06-01, 06:26
+
Patrick Hunt 2010-06-01, 06:35
+
Scott Carey 2010-06-01, 06:34
+
Jeff Hodges 2010-06-01, 06:31
+
Scott Carey 2010-06-01, 06:39
+
Jeff Hodges 2010-06-01, 06:56
Re: building the spec
Note that this issue has been filed at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-319.

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Jeff Hodges <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am literally downloading a 1.5 jdk from some random
> cs.washington.edu URL because no one else on the web seems to have
> java 1.5 built for OS X 10.6.
>
> I'm hearing from the Forrest PMC (Grant McDonald) that the release
> after this coming release will have 1.6 support. However, that first
> release (not the second one with 1.6 support!) is going to happen in
> "the next couple of months". This is, of course, after 3 years of no
> releases.
>
> I think it makes sense for us to move to Sphinx or similar.
> --
> Jeff
>
> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Scott Carey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Don't make the mistake that I did and think you can simply change the
> symlink to point to the directory with Java 1.5 -- it actually has to be
> placed where the symlink is.
> >
> > For posterity-- The below is from my email on the topic from April 12,
> 2010:
> >
> > ----
> > OS-X Snow Leopard tips:
> > For those in a similar situation, the work-around posted in AVRO-318
> makes Java 5 the default for most apps and overrides Java 6.  But turning
> off Java 6 is not necessary.
> > Getting a copy of Java 1.5 and placing it in
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0 and setting up
> the links is sufficient.  You do not have to make Java 1.5 the default and
> can continue to use Java 1.6 for everything but Forrest.   I used the first
> few steps here: http://wiki.oneswarm.org/index.php/OS_X_10.6_Snow_Leopardbut stopped after recreating the symbolic links.
> > Additionally, the build.xml will not run without passing in
> -Djava5.home=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home
> -Dforrest.home=<location of Forrest>.
> > ----
> >
> > On May 31, 2010, at 11:31 PM, Jeff Hodges wrote:
> >
> >> Sigh, I didn't notice the symlink before. That's what's happening.
> Thanks.
> >> --
> >> Jeff

> Java 5 and overwrite the Mac symlinks in just the right way.  You don't have
> to change the default system JVM to 1.5 though.

> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0 point to a 1.6
> JVM?  That is what it does on Snow Leopard by default. forrest is somehow
> not forward compatible with Java 1.6.  The trick to getting it to work is to
> both set the property to that symlink, and make sure that symlink points to
> an actual java 1.5 install.

> that discuss the steps needed to get it to work in more detail.

> -Djava5.home=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home

> /Users/jhodges/projects/apache-forrest-0.8/main/webapp/resources/schema/relaxng/sitemap-v06.rng:72:31:

+
Chad Harrington 2010-06-01, 15:55
+
Bruce Mitchener 2010-06-01, 16:03