Hive, mail # user - Load XML file into HIVE

+
Sadananda Hegde 2012-08-30, 19:57
+
Matt Tucker 2012-08-30, 23:25
Re: Load XML file into HIVE
Sadananda Hegde 2012-09-02, 13:06
Thanks, Matt. We might go with 'flattening' option. I was hoping I can do
it using  XPATH without need for any custom coding.
Regards,
Sadu
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Matt Tucker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was working on this several months ago, and ended up having to flatten
> each XML document to one root node per line. I believe that the other
> option would be to write a custom InputFormat.
>
> Matt
>

> On Aug 30, 2012, at 3:57 PM, Sadananda Hegde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to load an XML data file into HIVE.  I created a table with
> just one column:
> >
> > create table xmltable (xmldata String )
> > STORED AS TEXTFILE;
> >
> > and then loaded the xml file into that table
> >
> > LOAD DATA LOCAL INPATH '/test.xml'
> > OVERWRITE INTO TABLE xmltable;
> >
> > I thought I can use the XPATH to extract individual elements. But I am
> not sure
> >
> > 1) How to specify the root node as a record terminator on CREATE TABLE
> statement (it's using '\n' by default)
> > 2) Change the current context / node for the XPATH
> >
> > Can some one provide guidance and may be point to some good examples?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sadu

+
Ramkumar 2012-09-03, 10:55