Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Ensure there is one master

Re: Ensure there is one master
Thanks for the reply. I want to clarify one thing.
I think about a System of 20 nodes, that uses ZooKeeper of 3 nodes.
I think about master election among these 20 nodes, that do not run
consensus, but they use zookeeper service for master election.
I used 'leader' term for a leeder in Zookeeper (among 3 nodes), and 'master'
term for master in the System (20 nodes).
Solution is described here:
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/recipes.html#sc_leaderElection (I
would name it 'master' election, not 'leader' election), but I doubt if it
works reliable without additional timing assumptions as I described in my
Please consider my previous post in the context of the System that uses
Zookeeper (not ZooKeeper itself).