HBase, mail # dev - Porting policy from 0.94 to 0.92

Porting policy from 0.94 to 0.92
Ted Yu 2012-09-06, 17:48
Hi,
As release manager of 0.92.x, I want to poll your opinion on porting policy
from 0.94 to 0.92

Earlier there was email thread 'Porting policy from 0.96+ to 0.94'.
>From that thread, I think there was green light for porting non invasive,
small new features if some committer/party shows interest.
My interpretation of 'non invasive' is that the feature doesn't change
HFile format or IPC protocol. We would always guarantee rolling upgrade
from earlier 0.92 release to newer release.

Particular JIRA leading to this poll:
HBASE-6726 Port HBASE-4465 'Lazy-seek optimization for StoreFile scanners'
to 0.92

Your comment is welcome.