HBase >> mail # user >> How to check if a major_compact is done?

Re: How to check if a major_compact is done?
Yes, JMX exposes compaction time. My cluster has JMX enabled, and I can
view certain statistics from remote jconsole.

However, I dont find any reference talking about how to write a Java
program to collect a specific statistics, like compaction time available in
region server status. Does anyone here have experience in writing low-level
code to collect JMX data, instead of using jconsole or other high-level
tools...

PS: I have found some sample code
here<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/metrics/package-summary.html>,
yet the API is deprecated.
Regards,
Yun
On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 6:43 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]