HBase >> mail # user >> small hbase doubt

+
Alok Singh Mahor 2013-07-11, 13:18
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-07-11, 13:24
+
Doug Meil 2013-07-11, 14:15
Re: small hbase doubt
To Jean :
Thanks for replying. well could you please elaborate your answer..and by
that 'query' ..i meant can anyone clear my doubt :-)

To Doug:
Thanks for replying. but then how LZO improves efficiency of network
bandwidth when getting data from remote server...? what's that?
On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 6:54 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Alok,
>
> What do you mean by "query"?
>
> Gets are done based on the key. And snappy and LZO are used to compress the
> value. So only when a row feet your needs HBase will decrompress the value
> and send it back to you...
>
> Does it reply to your question?
>
> JM
>
> 2013/7/11 Alok Singh Mahor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > Hello everyone,
> > could anyone tell me small query?
> >
> > Does Hbase decompress data before executing query or it execute queries
> on
> > compressed data? and how snappy and lzo actually behave ?
> >
> > thanks

+
Asaf Mesika 2013-07-12, 04:01
+