HBase >> mail # user >> Questions about HBase

Re: Questions about HBase
If you will read HFile v2 document on HBase site you will understand
completely how the search for a record works and why there is linear search
in the block but binary search to get to the right block.
Also bear in mind the amount of keys in a blocks is not big since a block
in HFile by default is 65k, thus from a 10GB HFile you are only fully
scanning 65k out of it.