Pig >> mail # user >> Documentation bug in REGEX_EXTRACT

+
Steve Bernstein 2013-10-08, 17:03
Re: Documentation bug in REGEX_EXTRACT
Well, usually for regexp, 0 match is the whole match and groups start from
1. Are you sure you are getting group (the thing in brackets) with 0?
8 жовт. 2013 13:04, користувач "Steve Bernstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
написав:

> Apologies if this is captured elsewhere.  In the Pig 0.11.1 documentation
> for the builtin function REGEX_EXTRACT (
> http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.11.1/func.html#regex-extract), the third
> parameter is the index of the matched group to return.  The documentation
> says this is a "1-based parameter".  That's incorrect-it's zero-based.
>  E.g., to get the first match instance I used:
> REGEX_EXTRACT(string,'regex',0)

+
Steve Bernstein 2013-10-10, 17:00