Hadoop >> mail # user >> Log aggregation in Yarn

Log aggregation in Yarn
Hi,

I enabled log aggregation in Yarn and can see that files are getting
created under the configured directory on HDFS. I can access the files via
FS shell. However, when I try to retrieve the logs via the history server,
they fail with a message:

Logs not available for attempt_1347261424213_0001_r_000000_0. Aggregation
may not be complete, Check back later or try the nodemanager.

This is with trunk.  From code, it looks like this happens because the
service is unable to access the file on HDFS. However, this is a single
node setup, all processes running as the same user. Security is off in
HDFS. Anything else wrong ? Do I need to configure something more ?

Thanks
Hemanth