HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: ContainerLaunchContext in 2.1.x

Re: ContainerLaunchContext in 2.1.x
Other than that, you can find all API incompatible changes from 2.0.x to
2.1.x in this link:

http://hortonworks.com/blog/stabilizing-yarn-apis-for-apache-hadoop-2-beta-and-beyond/

Jian
On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Omkar Joshi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Good question... There was a security problem earlier and to address that
> we removed it from ContainerLaunchContext.
>
> Today if you check the payload we are sending Container which contains
> ContainerToken. ContainerToken is the secured channel for RM to tell NM
> about
> 1) ContainerId
> 2) Resource
> 3) User
> 4) NodeId
>
> It is present there by default (irrespective of security). I hope it
> answers your doubt.
>
> Thanks,
> Omkar Joshi
> *Hortonworks Inc.* <http://www.hortonworks.com>
>

> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:51 AM, Janne Valkealahti <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> With 2.0.x ContainerId was part of the ContainerLaunchContext and I assume
>> container id was then used to identify what node manager would actually
>> start.
>>
>> With 2.1.x ContainerId was removed from ContainerLaunchContext.
>> ContainerManagementProtocol is only using a list of StartContainerRequest
>> which have ContainerLaunchContext and Token.
>>
>> My first question is that if you have different
>> ContainerLaunchContext(i.e.
>> command, env variables, etc), how do you know which container is launched
>> with which launch context?
>>
>> My second question is how node manager is assosiating allocated
>> container(which you requested from resource manager) to
>> ContainerLaunchContext?
>>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE