Avro >> mail # dev >> Tracking the current position of stream decoded BinaryDecoder

+
Youssef Hatem 2013-10-16, 17:25
Re: Tracking the current position of stream decoded BinaryDecoder
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Youssef Hatem
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> BinaryDecoder offers getPos() to get the current position which I assume should correspond to the progress the BinaryDecoder has made decoding the passed stream.

That is not a public method in BinaryDecoder, but rather a private
method that refers only to the position with a private buffer.  If you
need to know the number of bytes consumed you may use a direct binary
decoder and pass in an input stream which tracks its position (e.g.,
FileInputStream or RandomAccessFile).

http://avro.apache.org/docs/current/api/java/org/apache/avro/io/DecoderFactory.html#directBinaryDecoder(java.io.InputStream,
org.apache.avro.io.BinaryDecoder)

Doug