Pig >> mail # dev >> pig 0.11 candidate 2 feedback: Several problems

+
Kai Londenberg 2013-02-18, 10:27
+
Bill Graham 2013-02-19, 17:51
+
Russell Jurney 2013-02-19, 17:54
Re: pig 0.11 candidate 2 feedback: Several problems
What do you guys feel about the JIRA to do with 0.20.2 compatibility
(PIG-3194)? I am interested in discussing the strategy around backward
compatibility as this is something that would haunt us each time we move to
the next hadoop version. For eg, we might be in a similar situation while
moving to Hadoop 2.0, when some of the stuff might break for 1.0.

I feel it would be good to get this JIRA fix in for 0.11, as 0.20.2 users
might be caught unaware. Of course, I must admit there is selfish interest
here and it's probably easier for us to have a workaround on Pig rather
than upgrade hadoop in all our production DCs.

-Prashant

+
Olga Natkovich 2013-02-19, 23:22
+