HBase >> mail # user >> Re: What about storing binary data(e.g. images) in HBase?

Re: What about storing binary data(e.g. images) in HBase?
>>2) files bigger than 15MB are stored in HDFS and HBase keeps only some
information where file is placed

You're likely to run out of space due to the name node's file count limit
if you went with this solution straight.  If you follow this path, you
probably would need to either regularily combine files into a Hadoop
Archive har file or something similar, or go with another backing
filesystem (e.g. mapr) that can support hundreds of millions of files
natively...