Hadoop >> mail # general >> Re: [DISCUSS] stabilizing Hadoop releases wrt. downstream

Re: [DISCUSS] stabilizing Hadoop releases wrt. downstream
Hey Roman,

I don't want to hi-jack your topic with tech talk if detracts from your
primary purpose, so please re-direct me as you see fit.

There are a lot of details but it seems that the primary problem is that
changes that "break" other code are introduced without
being specifically included.
It's one thing to optimize a function and keep all of the functionality the
same, no segregation should be required.  If you're going to change
functionality of a API Call or existing routine, it should be sectioned off
and specifically included (we've got plenty of xml) until the old way is
deprecated for 2 or 3 releases.

I have some ideas but I want to make sure this is the forum. :)

Thanks for all of your work.
Chris