Zookeeper >> mail # user >> determining zookeeper capacity requirements

determining zookeeper capacity requirements
We have an ensemble of three servers and have observed varying
latencies, watches that seemingly don't get fired on the client and
other operational issues. Here are the current # connections/watches:

shell$ for i in 1 2 3; do echo wchs | nc zoo-ensemble$i 2181; done

198 connections watching 174 paths
Total watches:1914
41 connections watching 126 paths
Total watches:1010
50 connections watching 143 paths
Total watches:952

I don't know if we should be concerned with the number of watches is
in the thousands (or be concerned that zoo-ensemble1 is handling ~
same number of watches as 2 & 3 combined). Should we be tuning the JVM
in any particular way according to the number of watches? From a
capacity planning standpoint, what metrics and guidelines should we be
observing before we split our tree into separate ensembles or grow the
current ensemble?

thanks,
-Ian
+