HBase >> mail # user >> Re:: Region Servers crashing following: "File does not exist", "Too many open files" exceptions

+
Dhaval Shah 2013-02-10, 01:24
+
David Koch 2013-02-10, 02:17
+
Marcos Ortiz 2013-02-10, 03:22
+
David Koch 2013-02-10, 12:51
+
shashwat shriparv 2013-02-10, 14:53
+
David Koch 2013-02-10, 20:11
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-02-11, 03:58
Re: : Region Servers crashing following: "File does not exist", "Too many open files" exceptions
Hello,

No, we did not change anything, so compactions should run at automatically
- I guess it's once a day - however, I don't know to what extent jobs
running on the cluster have impeded compactions - if this is even a
possibility.

/David

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:58 AM, ramkrishna vasudevan <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Have you changed anything on the configurations related to compactions?
>
> If there are more store files created and if the compactions are not run
> frequently we end up in this problem.  Atleast there will be a consistent
> increase in the file handler count.
>
> Could you run compactions manually to see if it helps?
>
> Regards
> Ram
>
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:41 AM, David Koch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Like I said, the maximum permissible number of filehandlers is set to
> 65535
> > for users hbase (the one who starts HBase), mapred and hdfs
> >
> > The too many files warning occurs on the region servers but not on the
> HDFS
> > namenode.
> >
> > /David
> >

> > On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM, shashwat shriparv <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > increase the u limit for the user using you are starting the hadoop and
> > > hbase services, in os
> > >

> > > ∞
> > > Shashwat Shriparv

+