HDFS, mail # dev - Facing problem with Hadoop M/R Code setup

Facing problem with Hadoop M/R Code setup
Shouvanik Haldar 2013-02-01, 07:06
Hi,
I am newbie to Hadoop M/R. My Problem is:

I have a file(.txt) in hdfs location which contains 5 lines. Each line
represents a hdfs location. Now, I want to read the lines inside Mapper
class and in the Reducer I want to actually work on those files and zip
them using some utility. The zip is the final product which I wish to have.

I had written a standalone code using Hadoop api. But I am out of wits
regarding scaling this program on top of MR.

Please help. Thanks in Advance

*Shouvanik*