Pig, mail # dev - Injecting plans

Injecting plans
Prashant Kommireddi 2013-02-11, 22:10
Hey,

I wanted to run an idea by you guys. I have a use-case where I try
injecting load/store paths into the script. So if a user says A = load
'input'; I would like to add a base path to it and make it A = load
'base_path/foo/bar/input'.

I would like to achieve this programatically, and 1 way I can of doing it
is by allowing setter on LOLoad/LOStore that can modify the FileSpec. Is
there a cleaner or better way to approach this?

In the future I would probably be meddling with more than just Load/Store
(for eg, disabling rmf or mkdir commands etc) but this is something I am
looking at currently.

Thanks,
Prashant