Accumulo, mail # user - Single Sign-On with Accumulo

Re: Single Sign-On with Accumulo
Thorton Timms 2012-12-05, 15:01
Just to clarify, the suggestions is that after a user authenticates to a
web service, that web service identifies the authorization of the user and
the web service passes credientials of the appropriate level to
Accumulo.  Correct? The web service acts like a broker of authorization?

There are many potential uses for a cell based security database.  One use
is in securing DoD data of different security classifications (hence part
of the reason for NSA involvement in the Accumulo project).  However, I
don't think the above method of user authorization would pass DoD
accredidation.  At least, it would be very difficult to get accredited.
Has the web service authentication broker method ever been used in a system
that has been accredited?

When will Accumulo 1.5 be released?

Thanks,
Thorton