Hive >> mail # user >> hadoop.io.DoubleWritable v/s hive.serde2.io.DoubleWritable

Re: hadoop.io.DoubleWritable v/s hive.serde2.io.DoubleWritable
Hive likely wishes to format the data differently then Hadoop does.
Hive re-uses what it can. I would diff the two .java files and find
out for yourself :)