HBase, mail # user - HDFS reports corrupted blocks after HBase reinstall

+
Jonathan Bender 2011-04-26, 23:53
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2011-04-26, 23:56
Re: HDFS reports corrupted blocks after HBase reinstall
Himanshu Vashishtha 2011-04-27, 00:07
Could it be the /tmp/hbase-<userID> directory that is playing the culprit.
just a wild guess though.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Unless HBase was running when you wiped that out (and even then), I
> don't see how this could happen. Could you match those blocks to the
> files using fsck and figure when the files were created and if they
> were part of the old install?
>
> Thx,
>
> J-D
>
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Jonathan Bender
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi all, I'm having a strange error which I can't exactly figure out.
> >
> > After wiping my /hbase HDFS directory to do a fresh install, I am getting
> > "MISSING BLOCKS" in this /hbase directory, which cause HDFS to start up
> in
> > safe mode.  This doesn't happen until I start my region servers, so I
> have a
> > feeling there is some kind of corrupted metadata that is being loaded
> from
> > these region servers.
> >
> > Is there a graceful way to wipe the HBase directory clean?  Any local
> > directories on the region servers /master / ZK server that I should be
> > wiping as well?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jon

+