Hadoop >> mail # user >> yarn.nodemanager.vmem-check-enabled

yarn.nodemanager.vmem-check-enabled
Is this option typically enabled in practice?  Is there a way for a specific AM to disable it, or is it site-wide?
We are finding that our YARN application, because it launches many threads, each with a somewhat large stack, has a large vmem/pmem ratio (say, 2GB / 200MB).  Unless we disable this option, the NM tends to kill our tasks.
Thanks
John