Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Growing a cluster

Growing a cluster
Hello,

Say I was going to grow a cluster from 1 node to 3 nodes.  Is this possible,
and what would be the recommended way?

At first I was thinking that I could go from 1 to 2 and then 2 to 3, and it
seems to be working actually.  But I'm not sure if this is supported, mostly
because in standalone mode the on-disk files are different than they are in
a multi-node configurations.  Mutli-node configurations embed the quorum
incarnation into the filename, which standalone does not.  Should a quorum
node be able to startup using snapshots and logs that a standalone node
wrote out?  Is there a way around this?

Thanks,
Jared