Pig >> mail # dev >> Put a "Google summer of code 2013" cwiki page

+
Daniel Dai 2013-03-21, 01:25
+
Russell Jurney 2013-03-21, 18:54
+
Olga Natkovich 2013-03-21, 19:51
+
Prasanth J 2013-03-21, 21:05
Re: Put a "Google summer of code 2013" cwiki page
This is a little different than how we've done such things before, but how
about a project to get Pig to run on Spark (aka, Spork)? The Twitter pig
folks have some code we'd love to share that got us half-way there, it was
looking pretty promising (if anyone is curious, it's the "spork" branch on
my github fork of pig: https://github.com/dvryaboy/pig )

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Prasanth J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> One more idea for GSoC project.
>
> YSmart uses correlation between multiple MR jobs to reduce the number of
> MR jobs generated. I remember Dmitriy bringing this up early. The
> techniques specified in this paper (Input, Job Flow, Transit correlations)
> has been patched into Hive. If Pig doesn't use these optimizations then I
> think it will be good to have them in Pig as well.
>
> Here is the link to the paper
> http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/hpcs/WWW/HTML/publications/papers/TR-11-7.pdf
>
> I think this can be a good candidate project for GSoC.
>
> Thanks
> -- Prasanth
>
> On Mar 21, 2013, at 3:51 PM, Olga Natkovich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > +1 on that

+
Johnny Zhang 2013-03-26, 20:40
+