HDFS >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Merge HDFS-3077 (QuorumJournalManager) branch to trunk

Re: [VOTE] Merge HDFS-3077 (QuorumJournalManager) branch to trunk
Todd,

As I indicated in my comments on the jira, I think some of the design
discussions and further simplification of design should happen before the
merge. See -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-3077?focusedCommentId=13470680&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13470680

I understand that you have spent a lot of time working on this. You have
indicated that you do not want to make any further design improvements. I
am willing to help by doing any improvements that comes out of the
discussions on the jira in 3077 branch and keep it up to date. I am also
willing to merge this branch into trunk. So my vote is to hold off the
merge until the discussions complete.

Regards,
Suresh

http://hortonworks.com/download/