HBase >> mail # user >> Utility of client gateways vs client libraries connecting directly to region servers & zookeeper ?

+
Simon Majou 2013-06-05, 13:03
+
Ted Yu 2013-06-05, 14:21
+
Simon Majou 2013-06-05, 15:03
+
Stack 2013-06-06, 01:29
Re: Utility of client gateways vs client libraries connecting directly to region servers & zookeeper ?
I was checking the code for the RPC, and it seems that compression /
decompression is always managed by the RpcServer. Am I correct ?

So we can't skip the uncompression step (for example if we want to send to
the user the compressed data directly) ?
Simon