From: Dave Shine [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 3:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Eric Lyna; Gary Every
Subject: User Logs questions

On CDH3U4, what determines the permissions of the folders and files under /var/log/hadoop/userlogs?  In my cluster everything has drwx--x--- 2 mapred mapred.  How can I change that to be drwxr-xr-- 2 mapred mapred?

Finally, where can I set the retention period for these job logs?

Thanks,
Dave Shine
Sr. Software Engineer
321.939.5093 direct |  407.314.0122 mobile

[cid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]A5D0]
CI Boost(tm) Clients  Outperform Online(tm)  www.ciboost.com<http://www.ciboost.com/>
facebook platform | where-to-buy | product search engines | shopping engines

The information contained in this email message is considered confidential and proprietary to the sender and is intended solely for review and use by the named recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.