Hadoop >> mail # user >> Desperate!!!! Expanding,shrinking cluster or replacing failed nodes.

+
Sloot, Hans-Peter 2011-12-20, 12:42
+
Dejan Menges 2011-12-20, 12:47
+
Harsh J 2011-12-20, 13:30
+
Sloot, Hans-Peter 2011-12-20, 13:35
Re: Desperate!!!! Expanding,shrinking cluster or replacing failed nodes.
On the new nodes you are trying to add make sure the  dfs/data directories are empty. You probably have a VERSION file from an older deploy and thus causing the incompatible namespaceId error.
--
Arpit
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Dec 20, 2011, at 5:35 AM, Sloot, Hans-Peter wrote:

> But I ran into the : java.io.IOException: Incompatible namespaceIDs error every time.
> Should I config the files :  dfs/data/current/VERSION and dfs/name/current/VERSION  and  conf/*site.xml
> from other existing nodes?

Merto Mertek 2011-12-20, 20:27