Pig >> mail # user >> Is there a size limit on tuple or a field in tuple?

Is there a size limit on tuple or a field in tuple?
I'm writing a UDF of my own that would produce tuples, each tuple has a
string field that could be real large. I did a quick test and the current
size of the field is 146,447 characters and it doesn't seem to have any
problem. But my result could be larger than that.

Is there any size beyond which something would break?

Thanks.