Kafka >> mail # user >> Kafka on EC2

Re: Kafka on EC2
We RAID-0 4 EBS disks, we find that to be most performant, although it does
leave you more vulnerable to EBS network errors and outages. Ideally, if
you're spread across AZ's you could do some clever routing to
geographically local brokers, whilst keeping the others as a backup in case
of failure.

In the same vein, we have N+1 brokers, where N is how many we reasonably
think we need, this way we can hopefully survive outages.

--
Matthew Rathbone
Foursquare | Software Engineer | Server Engineering Team