Hadoop >> mail # general >> getting started building Mavenized hadoop common

Re: getting started building Mavenized hadoop common
On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Jeffrey Naisbitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8/2/11 5:21 PM, "Alejandro Abdelnur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Regarding adding the 'target/generated-src/test/java' dir to the build path.
>> You are correct, you have to add it manually to your IDE (I use IntelliJ and
>> it is the same story). But unless you need to debug through the generated
>> code you don't need to do so (doing a 'mvn test -DskipTests' will
>> generate/compile the class and the .class file will be in the IDE project
>> classpath).
>
> I like to debug through the code :)  It would be nice if there were an
> automated way to handle that folder, but in the meantime, it would probably
> be useful to document that along with the eclipse instructions.

I had to do this step too. I've added it to the instructions on
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment, but I agree it would
be nice to automate this if anyone knows the relevant setting.

>> Regarding MAVEN_HOME, I don't have it in my environment and the build works.
> I was referring to running test-patch.sh.  (test-patch.sh now requires the
> MAVEN_HOME setting).  I'm ok if this is a requirement to run it now (like
> ANT_HOME was required before), but it should probably be mentioned somewhere
> since I didn't think about it :)

I've updated http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute to mention
MAVEN_HOME.

Thanks,