HBase >> mail # user >> Re: Best technique for doing lookup with Secondary Index

+
anil gupta 2012-10-26, 15:14
+
anil gupta 2012-10-26, 16:43
+
fding hbase 2012-10-26, 10:14
Re: Best technique for doing lookup with Secondary Index
Can we enforce 2 regions to collocate together as a logical group?

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 6:14 AM, fding hbase <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> https://github.com/danix800/hbase-indexed
>
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > AFAIK, RPC cannot be avoided even if Region A and Region B are on same
> > > RS
> > > since these two regions are from different table. Am i right?
> >
> > No... suppose your Region A and Region B of different tables are
> collocated
> > on same RS then from the coprocessor environment variable you can get
> > access
> > to the RS.
> > From RS you can get the online regions and from that region object you
> can
> > call puts or gets.  This will not involve any RPC with in that RS because
> > we
> > only deal with Region objects.
> >
> > Regards
> > Ram

Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-10-26, 14:33
+
anil gupta 2012-10-26, 06:46
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-10-26, 08:13
+
anil gupta 2012-10-24, 21:40
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-10-25, 04:44
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-10-25, 05:16
+
anil gupta 2012-10-25, 22:10
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-10-26, 04:20
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-10-26, 04:33
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-10-26, 04:06