Hadoop >> mail # user >> decommissioning node woes

+
Rita 2011-03-17, 01:36
+
Rita 2011-03-18, 11:23
+
Ted Dunning 2011-03-18, 16:03
+
James Seigel 2011-03-18, 16:08
+
Ted Dunning 2011-03-18, 16:38
+
Michael Segel 2011-03-18, 16:59
Re: decommissioning node woes
I like to keep that rather high.  If I am decommissioning nodes, I generally
want them out of the cluster NOW.

That is probably a personality defect on my part.

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Michael Segel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Once you see those blocks successfully replicated... you can take down the
> next.
>
> Is it clean? No, not really.
> Is it dangerous? No, not really.
> Do I recommend it? No, but its a quick and dirty way of doing things...
>
> Or you can up your dfs.balance.bandwidthPerSecIn the configuration files.
> The default is pretty low.
>
> The downside is that you have to bounce the cloud to get this value
> updated, and it could have a negative impact on performance if set too high.

+
James Seigel 2011-03-18, 17:39
+
Steve Loughran 2011-03-18, 17:57