Doug Cutting 2012-07-12, 19:44
+
Doug Cutting 2012-07-12, 19:46
+
Ed Kohlwey 2012-07-16, 15:07
+
Doug Cutting 2012-07-17, 18:57
+
Matt Massie 2012-07-17, 21:43
+
Doug Cutting 2012-07-17, 18:50
+
Tom White 2012-07-18, 02:38
+
Doug Cutting 2012-07-18, 21:29
Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.1 (rc 0)
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Tom White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I downloaded the source archive and ran the Java tests, but
>> org.apache.avro.mapreduce.TestWordCount and
>> org.apache.avro.mapreduce.TestAvroMultipleOutputs failed because the
>> (empty) file lang/java/mapred/src/test/resources/org/apache/avro/mapreduce/mapreduce-test-input.avro/SUCCESS.crc
>> is created when unpacking the archive, and it is picked up as input to
>> the MapReduce jobs. If I delete the errant file then the Java tests
>> all pass.
>
> When I extract the source tarball I find that file to contain 8 bytes
> and that 'mvn test' succeeds.

I get an error when unpacking (this is on Mac OS X):

tar: copyfile unpack
(avro-src-1.7.1/lang/java/mapred/src/test/resources/org/apache/avro/mapreduce/mapreduce-test-input.avro/SUCCESS.crc)
failed: No such file or directory

When I ran tests from the svn tag it worked fine - but then, there's
no SUCCESS.crc file there. A fix would be to make sure that file is
not present before creating the tarball. I'm not sure how it gets
there though.

> Are you running tests from the root or from lang/java?  I generally
> run them from the root.  Perhaps that's the difference?

I tried from both directories and got the same result.

>> Apart from that, checksums and signature are good, and the license and
>> notice look correct.
>
> Thanks for checking!
>
> Doug

Cheers,