Chukwa >> mail # user >> multiple threads/HttpConnector from ChukwaAgent

Re: multiple threads/HttpConnector from ChukwaAgent
Corbin,

When HBase counter is removed from the data pipeline, this means agent
has not changed, but collector changed?

If Yes:
It sounds like the problem is in collector writing too slowly to HBase
rather than agent sending data too slowly to collector.
What does the demux parser look like?  Maybe the slow down was
occurring in the extraction process?  ETL process consumes more cpu
resource in collector for HBaseWriter.  You might need to make sure
demux parser is optimized.

If No:
Are there more data streams added to Chukwa Agent?  What adapters are
used to collect data?

There are two reasons that we don't split data stream at agent level.

1.  Check pointing at agent level is done by stream offset for
efficiency.  When splitting multiple chunks, and check point every
chunk, it will be too much write operation on the source node which
can potentially impact source system.

2.  For log collection, we want to make sure that we are sending data
in sequence order to ensure the log stream is processed in linear
fashion.

regards,
Eric