Kafka, mail # user - kafka.jar in repositories

+
Sam William 2012-05-25, 05:34
+
Bo Sun 2012-05-25, 07:30
+
lessonz 2012-05-25, 16:37
+
Jun Rao 2012-05-25, 16:46
+
Ken Krugler 2012-05-25, 17:16
+
Jun Rao 2012-05-25, 17:34
Re: kafka.jar in repositories
Ken Krugler 2012-05-25, 18:13
Hi Jun,

On May 25, 2012, at 10:34am, Jun Rao wrote:

> Ken,
>
> We tried to do a binary release and ended up going through 10 RCs, mostly
> to sort out the license of all jars. We gave up in the end. One of the
> biggest problems is that we have contribs for clients in other languages,
> which introduces dependent libraries in C#, go, etc whose license agreement
> is not totally clear to us. If someone can help out on that, we'd be happy
> to do a binary release.

If you send me the list of dependencies that the Kafka jar has, I could help out.

From the test project I created, it looks like kafka-0.7.0.jar depends on:

- scala-library.jar
- zkclient.jar

So for Java users (who'd care about being able to pull kafka from a repo) are there any other dependencies?

Thanks,

-- Ken

--------------------------
Ken Krugler