Hive, mail # user - hive-exec shaded jar a bad idea?

+
Kristof Vanbecelaere 2013-11-21, 12:55
Re: hive-exec shaded jar a bad idea?
Edward Capriolo 2013-11-21, 14:50
That is a good idea. I have also considered jar jar, as well as stripping
these things from hive-exec. Guava provides some nice functions for sure
but when it causes classpath issues with other things, you say to your
self, crud all these problems just for Preconditions.checkNotNull() ?
On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 7:55 AM, Kristof Vanbecelaere <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are using gradle as our build tool. I need hive-exec to use class
> OrcFile. As soon as I pull in hive-exec 0.12.0 as a dependency my build
> starts to fail with
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
> org.gradle.internal.SystemProperties"
>
> This class uses ImmutableSet.of() for static initialization. I found out
> that hive-exec actually includes guava and so I guess the classloaders for
> both copies of ImmutableSet are different leading to the above exception.
>
> Is it really necessary to bundle guava (and many others) in the exec jar?
> Can you provide all classes in regular jars and make a separate maven
> module for the shaded jar? If not, then can you please relocate those
> classes as described in
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/examples/class-relocation.html
>
> Is there a way to solve this in the short term? Going back to 0.11 seems
> to be the best solution for now.
>
> Thanks

+
Owen OMalley 2013-11-21, 18:25