HDFS, mail # user - format NameNode after reboot

+
oualid ait wafli 2013-03-20, 11:59
Re: format NameNode after reboot
Mohammad Tariq 2013-03-20, 12:02
Have you added these properties in your hdfs-site.xml file :
        <property>
<name>dfs.name.dir</name>
<value>/hadoop/hdfs/name</value>
 </property>
<property>
<name>dfs.data.dir</name>
 <value>/hadoop/hdfs/data</value>
</property>
<property>

If not please do that. The values of these properties default to the /tmp
directory which gets emptied at each reboot and you end up loosing your
data and metadata.

HTH

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM, oualid ait wafli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was using Hadoop 1.0.4 in a single-node mode and everything was working
> fine.But then I had to restart my computer because of some reason.And now
> when I am trying to start Namenode and Datanode I can find only Datanode
> running.Could anyone tell me the possible reason of this problem??Or am I
> doing something wrong?? I tried both bin/start-all.sh and bin/start-dfs.sh.
>
> . Many thanks in advance

+
oualid ait wafli 2013-03-20, 12:16