HDFS >> mail # user >> format NameNode after reboot

Re: format NameNode after reboot
Have you added these properties in your hdfs-site.xml file :
        <property>
<name>dfs.name.dir</name>
<value>/hadoop/hdfs/name</value>
 </property>
<property>
<name>dfs.data.dir</name>
 <value>/hadoop/hdfs/data</value>
</property>
<property>

If not please do that. The values of these properties default to the /tmp
directory which gets emptied at each reboot and you end up loosing your
data and metadata.

HTH

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM, oualid ait wafli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]