Hive >> mail # user >> ORC vs TEXT file

ORC vs TEXT file
Hi,

Currently, we use TEXTFILE format in hive 0.8 ,while creating the
external tables in intermediate processing .
I have read about ORC in 0.11. I have created the same table in 0.11
with ORC format.
Without any compression, the ORC file(totally 3 files) occupied the
space twice more than the TEXTFILE(only one file).
Even, when i query the data from ORC:
Select count(*) from orc_table

It took more time than the same query against textfile.
But, i see cumulative CPU time is lesser in ORC than the text file.

What sort of queries will benefit, if we use ORC?
In which cases TEXTFILE will be preferred more than ORC?

Thanks.