HBase >> mail # user >> the occasion of the major compact?

Re: the occasion of the major compact?
Le 26/01/2012 14:43, yonghu a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I read this blog http://outerthought.org/blog/465-ot.html. It mentions
> that every 24 hours the major compaction will occur. My question is
> that if there are any other conditions which can trigger major
> compaction happening? For example, when the size of store file reaches
> the threshold (I think this will cause minor compaction or region file
> split, not major compaction, but not quite sure).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Yong

Hello,
I think when there is massive delete on the table or change table
attribute like TTL (that is susseptible of remove a lot of
versions/rows) or COMPRESSION wich gain a lot of disk space on each region.

Cheers,

--
Damien