Accumulo, mail # dev - Re: [VOTE] JDK 1.7 - Switch for Accumulo 1.6.0

+
Keith Turner 2013-06-03, 22:05
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-06-03, 21:49
+
Christopher 2013-06-03, 22:10
Re: [VOTE] JDK 1.7 - Switch for Accumulo 1.6.0
Christopher 2013-06-03, 22:23
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Sean Busbey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dropping JDK6 support is a pretty big deal.

I don't know that it's as big a deal as many think it is, but it is
certainly big enough to require a vote, I think.

> Is it worth making it a 2.0.0 feature instead of 1.6.0?
>
> If not, what would be the distinction for a 2.0.0?

Good question. We have not discussed the kinds of big features that
would require updating the major revision number in a release. I don't
think this is it, but if it, then that could be held as a separate
vote.

> In the mean time we could explicitly change testing to be on JDK7 instead
> of JDK6 as an initial step.

I don't know what you mean by this. I've been running on JRE7 for
quite some time (at least 6 months). Other than that, what kind of
test procedures are you suggesting?

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii