HBase, mail # user - Re: Hadoop not working after replacing hadoop-core.jar with hadoop-core-append.jar

+
Stack 2011-06-06, 15:28
+
praveenesh kumar 2011-06-06, 15:31
+
Joe Pallas 2011-06-06, 18:24
+
Stack 2011-06-06, 19:36
+
Mike Spreitzer 2011-06-07, 01:49
+
stack 2011-06-07, 02:57
+
Mike Spreitzer 2011-06-07, 05:37
+
Andrew Purtell 2011-06-07, 06:10
+
Stack 2011-06-07, 21:32
+
Stack 2011-06-09, 17:22
+
Zhong, Andy 2011-06-09, 22:11
+
Andrew Purtell 2011-06-10, 10:29
+
Stack 2011-06-09, 23:40
Re: Hadoop not working after replacing hadoop-core.jar with hadoop-core-append.jar
Michel Segel 2011-06-10, 11:12
Just a simple suggestion...
When you install Hadoop and HBase, you may want to go into /usr/lib/hadoop and create a symbolic link called hadoop.jar that points to the current hadoop jar. Do the same for hbase.
Then make all of your references to these sym links and environment variables as needed.
Makes life a lot easier.

Mike Segel

On Jun 9, 2011, at 6:40 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Mike Spreitzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> So my
>>> suggestion is to be unequivocal about it: when running distributed, always
>>> build your own Hadoop and put its -core JAR into your HBase installation
>>> (or use Cloudera, which has done this for you).  Also: explicitly explain
>>> how the file has to be named (there is a strict naming requirement so that
>>> the launching scripts work, right?).
>>>

> I made this change,
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1134129 .
> removed the section where we talk of copying the hbase hadoop jar
> across a cluster.  I notice that in Michael Noll's blog he talks of
> renaming branch-0.20.append jar as Andy Zhong points out so will leave
> it at that (unless others have improvements).
>
> St.Ack

+
Mike Spreitzer 2011-06-10, 17:08
+