Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Supporting cross-project Jenkins builds

Re: Supporting cross-project Jenkins builds
On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> * all testcases should always be run (else a change in hdfs could
> affect yarn/tools but not be detected, or one in yarn affect tools)

I'm -0 on this suggestion. Yes, it's a nice benefit to check all of the
dependent Hadoop sub-projects for every patch, but it will also
dramatically increase the time test-patch takes to run for any given patch.
In my experience, the vast majority of patches stand little chance of
breaking the dependent sub-projects, making this largely unnecessary and
thus a waste of time and Jenkins build slave resources.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera