Chukwa, mail # dev - Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jul 2013 ([ppmc])

+
Eric Yang 2013-07-03, 03:18
+
Eric Yang 2013-07-07, 02:52
+
Alan D. Cabrera 2013-07-07, 16:27
+
Eric Yang 2013-07-07, 17:03
Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jul 2013 ([ppmc])
Alan D. Cabrera 2013-07-07, 18:39
I think that it's important that we provide this characterization about the work that's needed to make Chukwa current.
Regards,
Alan

Hadoop has evolved in a non straight forward release branches.  Chukwa
currently works with Hadoop 1.x branch.  For moving forward to Hadoop 2.x,
the mapreduce jobs need to be using the new Yarn framework to implement
some of the missing pieces that Hadoop broke the compatibility.  HBase has
done something similar for Hadoop compatibility layer.  Chukwa will have to
do the same thing to keep up to date with Hadoop 2.x.  It may be one or two
weeks to work on it full time.

The instrumentation points in MR v1 will needs to be migrated and
instrument Yarn.  It is going to be interesting work to monitor and analyze
Yarn.  Therefore, the work may be interesting to people that would like to
visualize yarn performance.  We probably should release 0.6 as bugfix
release before working on this.

+
Alan Cabrera 2013-07-08, 15:25
+