HBase, mail # user - HBase coprocessor callback for comet

+
Jan Althaus 2013-02-05, 20:18
Re: HBase coprocessor callback for comet
Ted Yu 2013-02-05, 21:55
Please be a little more specific about where the notifications should be
received.

Your custom RegionObserver lives on region server.

I guess you want notifications to be delivered to your client, outside the
cluster.

Cheers

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Jan Althaus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to feed a servlet that is serving a long polling request with
> notifications when certain rows in an hbase table change.
>
> It seems that the best mechanism to achieve this would be to add a custom
> RegionObserver. What I'm unsure about though is how to best issue the
> callback. Does hbase provide an RPC mechanism that I could re-use or should
> I consider this a separate problem entirely? Are there alternative ways to
> get notified of row changes that better handle this problem?
>
> Thanks!
> Jan

+
Jan Althaus 2013-02-06, 03:12