HBase >> mail # user >> Enable Snappy compression - not able to load the libs on startup

Re: Enable Snappy compression - not able to load the libs on startup
The hbase-daemon.sh does not ssh back into the host, so preserves any
environment variables you haven't otherwise set in the hbase-env.sh
file. I guess that did the trick for you.

--
Harsh J