Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Map-Reduce V/S Hadoop Ecosystem

Re: Map-Reduce V/S Hadoop Ecosystem
Hourly consultants may prefer MapReduce. Everyone else should be using Pig,
Hive, Cascading, etc.

Russell Jurney twitter.com/rjurney
On Nov 7, 2012, at 8:08 PM, yogesh dhari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Thanks Bejoy Sir,

I am always grateful to u for your help.
Please explain these word into simple language with some case (if possible)

" If your requirement is that complex and you need very low level control
of your code mapreduce is better. If you are an expert in mapreduce your
code can be efficient as yours would very specific to your app but the MR
in hive and pig may be more generic.
"
If my requirement is complex. I will prefer Ecosystem(bcoz it provide
simple interface to run Map-Reduce).
What is low level control of code. belongs here?? plz provide an example..

please do explain it into simple way so that I can understand your point of
view.

Regards
Yogesh Kumar

> Subject: Re: Map-Reduce V/S Hadoop Ecosystem
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 18:24:52 +0000
>
> Hi Yogesh,
>
> The development time in Pig and hive are pretty less compared to its
equivalent mapreduce code and for generic cases it is very efficient.
> If your requirement is that complex and you need very low level control
of your code mapreduce is better. If you are an expert in mapreduce your
code can be efficient as yours would very specific to your app but the MR
in hive and pig may be more generic.

> To just write your custom mapreduce functions, just basic knowledge on
java is good. As you are better with java you can understand the internals
better.

> Regards
> Bejoy KS

Hadoop Ecosystem.

> 2). Limitations of Hadoop Ecosystem comparing with Writing Map-Reduce
program.

> 3) for writing Map-Reduce jobs in java how much we need to have skills in
java out of 10 (?/10)

> Please put some light over it.
>

> Thanks & Regards
> Yogesh Kumar

to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and
may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are
not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy
this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of
this message and any attachments.

transmitted by this email.