Accumulo >> mail # user >> How to remove entire row at the server side?

Re: How to remove entire row at the server side?
To use setiter in the shell, your iterator must implement OptionDescriber.
It has two methods, and something like the following should work for your
iterator.  If you implement passing options to the iterator, you'll want to
change the null parameters to the constructor of IteratorOptions below, and
probably also to do some validation in validateOptions.

  @Override
  public IteratorOptions describeOptions() {
    return new IteratorOptions("expTs", "Removes rows based on the column
designated as the expiration timestamp column family", null, null);
  }

  @Override
  public boolean validateOptions(Map<String,String> options) {
    return true;
  }

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Terry P. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Eyes of an eagle Billie!  com is correct, but after viewing
> "org.apache.accumulo" so many times, my brain was stuck on org and I goofed
> in my setiter syntax.
>
> With THAT corrected, here is the new error:
>
> root@meta> setiter -class
> com.esa.accumulo.iterators.ExpirationTimestampPurgeFilter -n expTsFilter -p
> 20 -scan -t itertest
> 2013-11-06 14:46:28,280 [shell.Shell] ERROR:
> org.apache.accumulo.core.util.shell.ShellCommandException: Command could
> not be initialized (Unable to load
> com.esa.accumulo.iterators.ExpirationTimestampPurgeFilter as type
> org.apache.accumulo.core.iterators.OptionDescriber; configure with 'config'
> instead)
>

> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Billie Rinaldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Is there a typo in the package name?  One place says "com" and the other
>> "org".
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Terry P. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi William, many thanks for the explanation of scan time versus
>>> compaction time. I'll look through the classes again and note where the
>>> remove versus suppress wordings are used and open a ticket.
>>>
>>> As mentioned, I only dabble in java, but regardless of that fact at this
>>> point I'm the one that has to get this done. I've hobbled together my first
>>> attempt, but I get the following error where I try to add it as a scan
>>> iterator for testing:
>>>
>>> root@meta> setiter -class
>>> org.esa.accumulo.iterators.ExpirationTimestampPurgeFilter -n expTsFilter -p
>>> 20 -scan -t itertest
>>> 2013-11-06 14:06:34,914 [shell.Shell] ERROR:
>>> org.apache.accumulo.core.util.shell.ShellCommandException: Command could
>>> not be initialized (Servers are unable to load
>>> org.esa.accumulo.iterators.ExpirationTimestampPurgeFilter as type
>>> org.apache.accumulo.core.iterators.SortedKeyValueIterator)
>>>
>>> Here's my source.  Note that the value stored in the expTs ColFam is in
>>> the format "yyyyMMddHHmmssS", which I convert to a long for a direct
>>> comparison to System.currentTimeMillis(). I only overrode the init and
>>> acceptRow methods, hoping the others would work as-is from the base class.
>>>
>>> One clarification: turns out expTs is the ColumnFamily, and the ingest
>>> app does not assign a ColumnQualifier for expTs. So to amend my prior table
>>> layout (including the datetime format):
>>>

>>> Format: Key:CF:CQ:Value
>>> abc:data:title:"My fantastic data"
>>> abc:data:content:<bytedata>
>>> abc:creTs::20130804171412445
>>> abc:*expTs*::20131104171412445
>>> ... 6-8 more columns of data per row ...
>>>
>>> where *expTs* is the ColumnFamily to determine if the entire row should
>>> be removed based on whether its value is <= NOW.  If a row has not yet been
>>> assigned an expiration date, expTs will not be set and the ColumnFamily
>>> will not yet be present.  Seems like an odd choice to use distinct Column
>>> Families, without Column Qualifiers, but that's how the ingest app was done.
>>>
>>> I greatly appreciate any advice you can provide.
>>>
>>> package com.esa.accumulo.iterators;
>>>
>>> import java.io.IOException;
>>> import java.text.ParseException;
>>> import java.text.SimpleDateFormat;