Flume >> mail # user >> Flume Data Directory Cleanup

+
Jeremy Karlson 2013-07-17, 22:24
+
Jeremy Karlson 2013-07-18, 17:06
+
Lenin Raj 2013-07-18, 17:13
+
Jeremy Karlson 2013-07-18, 17:42
RE: Flume Data Directory Cleanup
We have noticed a few times that cleanup did not happen properly but a restart generally forced a cleanup.

I would recommend putting the data files back unless you did a hard delete.  Alternatively, make sure you remove (backup first) the checkpoint files if you delete the data files.  That should put flume back to a fresh state.

Roy

From: Jeremy Karlson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Flume Data Directory Cleanup

Thank you for your suggestion.  I took a careful look at that, and I'm not sure it describes my situation.  That refers to the sink, while my problem is with the channel.  I'm looking at a dramatic accumulation of log / meta files within the channel data directory.

Additionally, I did try doing a manual cleanup of the channel directory, deleting the oldest log / meta files.  (This was my experiment.)  Flume really did not like that.  If it is required in the channel as well, the cutoff point at which the files go from being used to unused is not clear to me.

-- Jeremy